Orion Group Software Engineers, Inc. is a progressive I.T. firm located in South Bend, IN. OG is celebrating 30 years of business this year. We have specialized in providing complete business solutions for our customers.
Orion Group is currently seeking to fill the full time position of Tier 2 Support Engineer in our Managed I.T. Practice. The Tier 2 Support Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as Tier 2 support for our managed I.T. program including:
- Provide high level support for our managed I.T. clients;
- Work with other support engineers on level 2 I.T. projects including server and network installation, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Work directly with clients to resolve issues, recommend solutions and provide I.T. consulting services;
Orion Group is looking for a self-starter who enjoys challenging and rewarding work. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical skills. In addition, good communication and presentation skills are desired. A comprehensive understanding of the Microsoft Windows desktop, server and network environment is a must.
The successful candidate will be able to show expertise in the Microsoft Windows environment through certifications, training and/or experience. Substantial and demonstrated experience with the following is required:
- Experience with current Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking fundamentals and Windows networking in particular including LANs, WANs, DHCP, DNS and interaction of desktops, servers, permissions and domains in an Active Directory environment.
- In depth understanding and ability to setup, configure and/or migrate:
- Microsoft Exchange installations
- Microsoft Active Directory installations
- Microsoft HyperV virtual server installations
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with network devices such as: routers, firewalls, switches and hubs.
- A+ certification or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, troubleshoot and diagnose windows desktop, server and network issues.
Knowledge or experience in any of the following areas is a definite plus:
- Installation and support of Microsoft Clustering technology.
- Citrix and Terminal services.
- Backup and administration of SQL Server Databases.
- Expertise in multiple enterprise backup solutions for Windows networks.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint installation, configuration and management.
- Virtualization of Servers and desktops Utilizing VMWare.
A college degree is desirable, but not required.
Microsoft certifications or the equivalent hands-on experience is required.
Orion Group provides a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, short and long term disability and a 401k plan. If you are interested in working for a growth-oriented company, specializing in leading edge technology and committed to continuing professional development, please email Orion Group at email@example.com.